Functional additives to improve the productivity of shrimp farming
Due date July 15, 2021
Status Closed, Technology Readiness Level 4 Lab testing, looking for Prototyping
Tags aquaculture farmed shrimp functional additives health gains in shrimp performance enhancers environment enhancers water quality
Posted by BIOACTIVA S.A.C. on June 13, 2021 in Lima, Peru.
CATEGORY SHRIMP – CHALLENGE 4
How to reduce leaching losses in feed, bioremediation, by reducing the cost of feed and improving performance?
ASSOCIATED TECHNOLOGICAL APPLICATION
Production of functional additives and technologies associated with their elaboration
- Production of specific enzymes for aquatic organisms, symbiotics, binders, palatability enhancers, environment enhancers and water quality
- Combination of the above alternatives
- Technologies to apply the proposed solutions
DESCRIPTION OF NEED
Functional additives to be used in the diet or other route of administration on a production system to improve production performance, environmental conditions of production system and water quality
DESCRIPTION OF THE SOLUTION
(Products / services / applications that make up the solution(s))
Functional additives for administration in the diet or other routes or a production system to improve productivity, promote intestinal health and effectively replace the use of antibiotics. Technologies for its application are also included.
The solution may also have a beneficial effect in improving the conditions of the production environment and water quality as an added value.
Combinations of the above.
The additives must have an application on an industrial scale or in production farms and be stable throughout the production process which includes mixing, extruded / pelleting, packaging and storage, a low leak in addition to ensuring the performance in the animal in strategic stages of the production cycle and environmental conditions and be safe for humans.
SOLUTION FUNCTIONALITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Cost-efficient technological solution.
- Application in the diet or other alternative way on the production system.
- Similar or improved productive performance compared to conventional alternatives.
- Improve the conditions of the production environment and water quality.
- The solution must not generate negative impacts on the environment and be safe for humans.
Register to see more details of the project and to submit an expression of interest