Nutritional alternatives for growth and productivity of shrimp production
Status Open, Technology Readiness Level 4 Lab testing, looking for Prototyping
Tags aquaculture farmed shrimp
Posted by BIOACTIVA S.A.C. on June 07, 2021 in Lima, Peru.
CATEGORY SHRIMP – CHALLENGE 3
How to promote growth and improve productivity through new nutritional solutions for application in food?
ASSOCIATED TECHNOLOGICAL APPLICATION
- Production of alternative protein sources
- Production of alternative sources of cholesterol
- Alternative protein sources of algae, bacteria, from land animal industry products, yeasts and other sources with high digestible protein content
- Sources of cholesterol: bile salt concentrates, a mixture of sterols, products obtained from farm animals and other sources.
- Combinations of both
DESCRIPTION OF NEED
Find sources and technologies that offer alternatives that effectively replace conventional sources of protein and cholesterol and improve productivity.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SOLUTION
(Products / services / applications that make up the solution(s))
The technological solution must be applied in the diet and effectively replace traditional sources of protein and cholesterol, with an adequate nutritional profile, with attractive characteristics, demonstrating its effectiveness in improving animal performance. They can be administered alone or in combination and be accompanied by functional additives.
SOLUTION FUNCTIONALITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Cost-efficient technological solution.
- Diet administration.
- Similar or improved productive performance compared to conventional alternatives.
- The solution must not generate negative impacts on the environment and be safe for humans.
Register to see more details of the project and to submit an expression of interest