Improve health and disease prevention for salmon production
Due date July 15, 2021
Status Closed, Technology Readiness Level 4 Lab testing, looking for Prototyping
Tags aquaculture salmon vaccine development disease prevention drug development antiparasitics
Posted by BIOACTIVA S.A.C. on June 13, 2021 in Lima, Peru.
CATEGORY SALMON – CHALLENGE 2
How to promote and improve health, performance and disease prevention?
ASSOCIATED TECHNOLOGICAL APPLICATION
- Production of vaccines and antiparasitics.
- Development of immunization techniques and equipment.
- Production of vaccines against viruses, bacteria and parasites (mono/ bi/ polyvalent)
- Production of antiparasitics
- Development of immunization techniques and equipment
DESCRIPTION OF NEED
Find out effective and innovative technological solutions for the prevention and control of critical diseases.
The solutions may also be aimed by the development of techniques and equipment to apply the solution that improves health and performance both in freshwater and in the sea systems.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SOLUTION
(Products / services / applications that make up the solution(s))
The technological solution must make feasible the application of vaccines through different routes of administration, be mono/bi / polyvalent, both in freshwater and in the sea systems.
Antiparasitics must be effective in controlling the main parasitic diseases, have different routes of application and feasible to be used in different production systems.
Immunization techniques and equipment may complement the application of the previous solutions and must be easily adaptable to different production systems, as well as being cost-effective.
SOLUTION FUNCTIONALITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Cost-efficient technological solution.
- Application and adaptation to different production systems.
- Improve viability by reducing the percentage of morbidity/mortality per productive cycle.
- Reduction of the use of antibiotics and treatments.
- The solution must not generate negative impacts on the environment.
Register to see more details of the project and to submit an expression of interest