We have some exciting news to share with you this month. Please take your time to go through our newsletter to learn about extensions to our accreditation, new products, ArabLab and Brexit preparations.
NEW - Total Acid Number and Total Base Number Accreditation
We are very pleased to announce our range of Total Acid Number and Total Base Number standards are certified to both ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17034 under our accreditation to the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
NEW - Kerosene (Odourless) Sulfur Certified Reference Materials
We are very pleased to announce our new range of Certified Reference Materials (CRMs) for Sulfur analysis has been extended to include Kerosene (Odourless) matrix. These new CRMs are certified in strict accordance to both ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17034 under our accreditation to the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
Each Sulfur CRM provides traceability of measurement to recognised national standards, and to units of measurement realised at the National Physics Laboratory (NPL) or other recognised national standards laboratories. All sulfur content values are traceable to National Institute Standards and Technology (NIST), and each CRM provides low levels of uncertainty, ensuring maximum accuracy of data at hand.
Paragon Scientific’s Sulfur CRMs are available in 100 mL volume glass containers with tamper-evident packaging, providing assurance of sample integrity. Paragon also offers set sulfur kits for each matrix and the appropriate test methods associated, providing easy and efficient procurement solutions for end-users.
- Certified in strict accordance to ISO 17025 and ISO 17034 under our UKAS accreditation.
- Highest level of accreditation guarantee, providing the most credible certified data available worldwide.
- Suitable for but not limited to internationally recognised test methods and protocol: ASTM D2622, ASTM D4294, ASTM D5453, ASTM D7039, IP 336, IP 496, IP 497.
- Fully traceable to international standards and low levels of uncertainty achieves maximum accuracy of data.
- Supplied in 100 mL volume, tamper-evident glass packaging, providing assurance of sample integrity.
- Manufactured in the United Kingdom.
- 12 month shelf life.
Importance of Sulfur AnalysisQuantitative analysis of sulfur in crude oil, petroleum products and feedstock is extremely important to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies and legislation, failure to do so can result in costly fines. Analysis techniques for sulfur content measurement include wet chemistry, X-ray fluorescence, atomic spectroscopy and various thermal combustion methods with different detection limits.
Regardless of the technique employed for measurement, robust analytical data is paramount, calibration and / or verification. The use of high quality CRMs certified to ISO 17025 and ISO 17034 is critical to ensuring confidence of the measurement results achieved.